ON-LINE MAINTENANCE PROCEDURES

Subject: ON-LINE MAINTENANCE PROCEDURES
From: Party Partners <geoff -at- MYNA -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 1997 16:18:03 +0000

Working for a large transit authority, I am looking at means of
putting our maintenance procedures and manuals on-line. I have a
couple of restrictions:
-we do not want to tie ourselves into a system that requires us to
send documentation outside in order to update procedures. We want to
write and publish in-house
-out most recent vehicle acquisition is being provided with
maintenance manuals prepared in Framemaker
-our industry has not developed a DTD for SMGL
Therefore, I have a couple of questions:
Would Frameviewer be an effective way of launching on-line.
How can we manage dozens of on-line documents if we choose to prepare
new maintenance procedure using Framemaker.

If anyone has experience in this area, I would appreciate your
thoughts. Thanks.