Re: User guide?

Subject: Re: User guide?
From: "Parks, Beverly" <ParksB -at- EMH1 -dot- HQISEC -dot- ARMY -dot- MIL>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1997 13:06:03 -0700

>John Ahlstrom[SMTP:jahlstro -at- CISCO -dot- COM] wrote:
<snip>
>should simply be
> Users guide == most frequently Guide for Users
> not Guide of (possessive) Users

=====
I agree with you, John. This got me to thinking, though...

If a blanket for horses is a horse blanket and a carriage for babies a
baby carriage, then wouldn't a guide for users be a user guide. In fact,
I've seen it like this, with no s, on actual guides and manuals.

Just noticed that the subject of this thread is "User guide?" Is this
how the whole thing started?