TechWhirl (TECHWR-L) is a resource for technical writing and technical communications professionals of all experience levels and in all industries to share their experiences and acquire information.
For two decades, technical communicators have turned to TechWhirl to ask and answer questions about the always-changing world of technical communications, such as tools, skills, career paths, methodologies, and emerging industries. The TechWhirl Archives and magazine, created for, by and about technical writers, offer a wealth of knowledge to everyone with an interest in any aspect of technical communications.
Subject:Job: Minneapolis, MN--Tech writer From:"Kristine J. Olberg" <kjolberg -at- IX -dot- NETCOM -dot- COM> Date:Sat, 15 Feb 1997 20:43:11 -0600
Looking for a position in a fast-paced, technologically advanced industry?
The health care electronic data interchange (EDI) industry is growing
rapidly, and this may be your chance to be involved!
ActaMed Corporation is looking for a bright, technically astute writer to
write a variety of technical documentation, including technical
specifications, user's guides, installation instructions, and some
marketing materials for publishing in print or on an intranet or web site.
You will start as a contractor and possibly work into a full-time,
- Working knowledge of DOS, UNIX(R), Windows(R) 95, Windows NT(R), and
- Extensive experience with a major desktop publishing application.
Microsoft(tm) Word preferred.
- One to three years experience writing technical materials
- B.A. or B.S. degree in technical communication or other technical field
- Health care or insurance industry experience
- Electronic data interchange (EDI) or other standards-based industry
- Web or intranet publishing experience
- Online help experience
Applicants with health care EDI experience will be considered first. E-mail
your online resume (ASCII text or HTML) to kolberg -at- actamed -dot- com, or fax/send
your hardcopy resume to: