Re: Summary: Serious problem with Adobe Pagemaker 6.5 ?

Subject: Re: Summary: Serious problem with Adobe Pagemaker 6.5 ?
From: Jane Bergen <janeb -at- AIRMAIL -dot- NET>
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 1997 11:22:19 +600

On 16 Feb 97 at 12:18, Peter Ring, PRC wrote:

> There are two "cures":
>
> 1. Use the "Standard" video driver included with Windows 95. The
> main
> disadvantage is that it can only run 1024x764, and I normally use
> 1280x1024 256 colours. Thanks to Miguel Zuliani for that one. It
> works - but with less than optimal performance!
>
> 2. Buy another video card, avoiding the above mentioned ones and
> maybe other cards of the same brands. At least make sure you can
> return it if it shows the same problem.

Peter,

I don't know about prices in Denmark, but it seems to me that the
best choice would be to upgrade your software! That would be cheaper
than replacing your video card...at least in Dallas, Texas, USA.

Trying to run any older software on Windows 95 is asking for
problems... especially when dealing with outmoded drivers and control
files. PageMaker 6.5 is out now...at an upgrade price of $99 US here.
Video cards (decent ones) are going to be $150 or more. And the newer
software is just so much easier to use under Win 95.

Just two cents worth on a Sunday morning....

Jane Bergen

"my opinions are my own..."
Jane Bergen, Technical Writer
Plano, TX