Resume reference book

Subject: Resume reference book
From: "Virginia J. Link" <LINKVI -at- MAIL -dot- STATE -dot- WI -dot- US>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 1997 09:18:34 -0600

It's interesting to read the thread on resumes, especially "hearing" from
the people who have to review them. I thought I'd share a resource I've
used for years. Any others that folks like/are using?

I like the "Damn Good Resume Guide," by Yana Parker, published by Ten Speed
Press. It covers, among other things, assessing your skills (even
addressing issues experienced by folks with minimal experience in the
wage-slave market), figuring out your job objectives, and highlighting
qualifications. It includes 26 sample layouts, and a worksheet for helping
you "get it all together." It also has a nice section on cover letters.

The version I have is from 1986. I don't know if there was a later release.
It's been very helpful for me, especially when helping other folks get a
resume together.

Virginia Link
linkvi -at- mail -dot- state -dot- wi -dot- us