Question for Canadian TW's

Subject: Question for Canadian TW's
From: Sabahat Ashraf <sabahat_ashraf -at- MENTORG -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 1997 14:41:18 EST

I bin wondering: what the situation is with respect to hiring
foreigners/immigrants as tech writers. A lot of my batchmates from college seem
to be going for what I believe is known as "Landed Immigrant Status" in Canada
and then either studying or working in Canada or the US. But they are all
engineers; and I hear it is next to impossible for foreign medical graduates to
get work in Canada. I want to know if there are any legal/hiring policy/social
barriers to hiring "foreigners" [meaning non-North Americans] as Tech Writers
-- besides the fact that all I can say in French is Voulez Vous and ... well,
you know.

Merci.

Sabahat.

PS Since my wife is a physician don't expect me to "Land" in Canada anytime
soon, but I am curious all the same.

--
735 Elm Ave Apt 5B sabahat_ashraf -at- mentorg -dot- com
Teaneck, NJ 07666 www.rpi.edu/~ashrafs

"If I know your sect, I anticipate your argument"
Ralph Waldo Emerson