TechWhirl (TECHWR-L) is a resource for technical writing and technical communications professionals of all experience levels and in all industries to share their experiences and acquire information.
For two decades, technical communicators have turned to TechWhirl to ask and answer questions about the always-changing world of technical communications, such as tools, skills, career paths, methodologies, and emerging industries. The TechWhirl Archives and magazine, created for, by and about technical writers, offer a wealth of knowledge to everyone with an interest in any aspect of technical communications.
Subject:TW Job Opening - Rockville, MD From:Tracey May Poletti <traceym -at- VISUAL -dot- MCTEC -dot- COM> Date:Wed, 19 Feb 1997 16:52:00 EST
TECHNICAL WRITING POSITION
In this full-time, onsite position, you will write and maintain software
documentation and help files for an award-winning wide area network
management and monitoring system.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
* Experience writing about engineering or scientific applications.
(datacomm or telecomm preferred).
* Expertise with a desktop publishing tool such as FrameMaker
PageMaker, Interleaf, or Ventura.
* Experience using a Windows help authoring tool, such as RoboHelp
Doc-to-Help, HelpBreeze, or ForeHelp.
* At least two years experience documenting software applications.
* Excellent proofreading/editing skills.
Familiarity with one or more of the following is a plus:
* Client/Server Applications
To be considered for this position, send your resume to: