screen cap & other utils for UNIX ?

Subject: screen cap & other utils for UNIX ?
From: AL RUBOTTOM <0002108495 -at- MCIMAIL -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 1997 18:42:00 EST

-- [ From: Al Rubottom * EMC.Ver #2.3 ] --

Friends:
I'm about to start work on a UNIX app., about which I can get little
or no info before I go meet it, and I would like to have some
helpful tools to capture screens [character only, no GUI] and
such, in order to have these for use in the manual(s) later.

Does anyone know of such elementary UNIX tools, utils, et al.?
Any pointers or tips on how/where is best to easily get 'em?
I'll need to port my captures to DOS/WIN for use in WinWord
doc files later as well. If conversion is required, pls advise.

TIA, muchisimas gracias, mille grazie, vielen dank, merci, xie-xie,

Al Rubottom

alrubottom -at- theoffice -dot- net
alrubottom -at- bigfoot -dot- com
al_rubottom -at- MCIMail -dot- com