Re[2]: email resumes

Subject: Re[2]: email resumes
From: Don Smith <dsmith -at- ACCESSBEYOND -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 1997 07:29:16 EST

Was obvious, Tom.

Don

Subject: Re: email resumes
Author: Tom Obenchain <Tom -dot- Obenchain -at- MCI -dot- COM> at INTERNET
Date: 2/19/97 12:38 PM

>Iain Harrison responded to the following (original poster unknown at
>this time):

>> effectively (white space, ALL CAPS for emphasis, etc.). <<
>
>with this comment:
>> Please tell me that this is a joke. ALL CAPS doesn't emphasise, it
>> makes text hard to read.
>
>Kim Keegan responded:
>
>Agreed, in part. Maybe this person meant that headings, such as WORK
>EXPERIENCE or EDUCATION could be done in all caps. Don't know, can't
>say..

To clarify my original posting:

I did mean that ALL CAPS should be used for such things as headings.
Of course all caps should be used in a limited way. Sorry, I thought
this was obvious. All caps are one of the few emphasis options easily
available in ASCII editors. Without the use of some kind of emphasis:

ALL CAPS

Underlining

* Boxing *

the text of an ASCII two document tends to run together and is very
hard to read.

Thanks,

Tjo