Capturing OS/2 screen?

Subject: Capturing OS/2 screen?
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- AXIONET -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 1997 20:35:26 -0500

Bill Downing <bdowning -at- CTHULHU -dot- CONTROL -dot- COM>wrote

>I'm working on a project where it would be nice to capture the >OS/2 Warp desktop as a BMP or other image file. I know nada >about OS/2 screen cap functions (Alt-Printscreen did nothing). >Is there some native screen cap utility built into Warp, like >a keystroke combination? Or is there easliy obtainable >shareware out there that will work on OS/2 Warp and do what I >need?

Is it the desktop or the bitmap you want? If it's the bitmap, it should
be on the machine. Some OS/2 bitmaps aren't compatible with Windows, but
many are.

For screen capture programs, a few minute's search should locate
several. I'm fond of PM Camera, myself. You might start by looking at
the nearest IBM support boards, which often are a good source of OS/2
shareware.

Hope these thoughts help.
--
Bruce Byfield (bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com)
Technical Writer