Re: Verbing Nouns

Subject: Re: Verbing Nouns
From: Debbie Molinaro <debbiem -at- J51 -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 1997 14:16:24 -0500

> From: Jerry Kindall <kindall -at- MANUAL -dot- COM>

> In my mind "newspapering" would be
> something a reporter or a publisher does.
Or, I newspapered the cat box before adding the litter.

> what exactly makes "Mondaying" different from "Tuesdaying"?
It depends on what you do. Like wintering in Palm Springs and summering in
Maine.

> And is
> saying Albright "diplomatted" redundant after saying she "Kissingered?"
I believe so. I would have said, "Albright Kissingered" and left it at
that.
In my teens (late '70s), I would have said, "Albright pulled a Kissinger."

Debbie

Debbie Molinaro
Manager, Technical Publications
Materials Research Corporation, Semiconductor group
debbiem -at- j51 -dot- com