Re: Java and ActiveX

Subject: Re: Java and ActiveX
From: "Susan W. Gallagher" <sgallagher -at- EXPERSOFT -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 1997 10:45:46 -0800

At 12:21 PM 3/6/97 -0600, Bill Bledsoe wrote:

>There is an alternative... that the rest of the Planet (and originally
>Microsoft as well) has approved as a standard, and is in place in many
>implementations. It is CORBA
>
>If you'd like to know more about CORBA and how it works, here's a few
>useful url's for you:

Hey! Waidaminit, Bill! You forgot:

http://www.expersoft.com !!!!!

;-)

Expersoft has CORBA 2.0-compliant ORBs for C++, Smalltalk,
and Java. We're the ORB (that's Object Request Broker, BTW)
for the enterprise.

We have a product in distribution now that creates CORBA-aware
OLE objects and are working on two-way communication for the
next release.

For more information on the CORBA standard, see the standards
body itself at:

http://www.omg.org (that's the Object Management Group)

Sue Gallagher
sgallagher -at- expersoft -dot- com