FW: Printing Process (long question)

Subject: FW: Printing Process (long question)
From: Ellen Meeker <ellen -dot- meeker -at- INFOCUS -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 1997 19:15:12 -0800

Hi Andrea,

Can you output your Word file to PostScript and send that to your print
vendor? Can you simply create your manuals from the Word files; why do
you have to convert the manuals to PageMaker?

If you need a program that does a better job at page layout than Word
(as well as a thousand other things!), I suggest FrameMaker. It might
be more expensive than your people are willing to handle, however (I
think it's about $500/user). In my opinion, FrameMaker is the only game
in town for technical manuals and Word doesn't even compare.

- Ellen Meeker
- In Focus
- Wilsonville, OR