Figure Numbering

Subject: Figure Numbering
From: Amy_Corrigan -at- WAI-WETHERILL -dot- COM
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 1997 08:43:44 -0400

From: Amy Corrigan -at- WAI on 03/17/97 08:43 AM

Here's my take on figure numbering/labeling. For longer documents (i.e.,
not quick reference cards) I put numbers on the figures and use a very
descriptive, informative label. The reason for this is that some people
just "look at the pictures." I want to take every opportunity I can to
convey information to ALL my readers. I feel that this little extra effort
makes my work more usable to a wider audience.

Yeah, they're not reading every golden drop of knowledge with rapt
attention as I intended, but maybe they're more likely to be getting enough
information to get the job done.

Amy Corrigan
Corporate Project Administrator
Wetherill Associates, Inc.