Re: 21" monitor recommendations?

Subject: Re: 21" monitor recommendations?
From: TIMMERMAN <timmerma -at- IPDLINK -dot- IPD -dot- ANL -dot- GOV>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 1997 08:13:02 CST

Sarah writes,

My manager (a paragon of managerly solicitude) has decided to get
me a 21" monitor. I've read a fair amount about them, and now am
looking for recommendations.

I can't make any recommendations but I was recently looking at sales
literature on the Pivot 1700 monitor. This nifty device presents the
display in two modes: landscape (typical format) and portrait. This
17" monitor will show the whole 8 1/2 x 11 page (without scrolling) in
portrait mode, which is more than a 21" monitor will show. The cost
of this monitor is also less than that for a 21" monitor; about $1,100
(U.S. dollars). The mfg has a Web page (I don't have the URL) but you
can probably fine it by searching for Pivot (maybe Radius is the
mfg.).

Don Timmerman, dtimmerman -at- anl -dot- gov