[no subject]

From: Stephen Victor <svictor -at- HOUSTON -dot- GEOQUEST -dot- SLB -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 1997 16:14:41 -0600

Steven Warren wrote:

> I am under the assumption that this is a list for technical writers to
> learn through their peers. I have been reading and participating
> occasionally for several months. Every time I try to be helpful or say
> something, other people on the list say oooh! here is a opportunity to slam
> someone. Who cares that there in my profession or that they are trying to
> learn, or that they might not be as experienced as I am. I'll slam them
> anyway.

Please note: This is not a flame...

I'm wondering how you define "slamming." Do you mean a personal attack,
or do you mean disagreement with your opinions? I'll admit the
discussion of issues can get pretty heated here (and I've contributed my
share of heat), but I've seen few if any personal attacks, at least what
I would call personal attacks. Do I just have a thicker skin than
others?

Regards,
Steve
--
Stephen P. Victor Phone: (713) 513-2552
Technical Writer, Software Training Fax: (713) 513-2019