Re: "Display" vs. "Appear"

Subject: Re: "Display" vs. "Appear"
From: "Robin M. Allen" <robin -dot- m -dot- allen -at- WORLDNET -dot- ATT -dot- NET>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 1997 15:19:09 -0600

TIMMERMAN wrote:
Most of the people I have helped ask the same question when
> they are presented with a statement worded like the following, "Click Add to
> open the Add Patient window." Their question is always, "How do I know I want
> to open the Add Patient Window?" and then they don't do anything because they
> are afraid they will break something.

I agree with your users. How *do* you know you want to open the Add
Patient window? They don't know what they're doing -- or they wouldn't
need the documentation -- so we have to let them know what will happen
when they click a button.

Robin Allen
robin -dot- m -dot- allen -at- worldnet -dot- att -dot- net