Re: PC Processing Power

Subject: Re: PC Processing Power
From: Barry House <bhouse -at- CREATIVE-HOUSE -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 09:19:15 -0600

I can tell I'm the lone wolf here, but I've always purchased computing power
based on what I can afford to spend today, not on what software I use or the
tasks I have to perform. Software and tasks change too frequently.

On the Mac side, I'm still using a PowerMac 7100/66 I bought three years
ago. On the PC side, I have a two-month-old Pentium 166 MHz with MMX. A good
client threw a multimedia project at me with a very short deadline--the fee
more than paid for the machine. It's more power than I need today, but if
I'm still using it in three years, I'll be happy with the purchase.

Barry House
The Creative House--Helping Businesses Communicate
301 Oak St.
Quincy, IL 62301
217-222-9800
217-222-9844 Fax