Technical adj. stack question

Subject: Technical adj. stack question
From: Sella Rush <SellaR -at- APPTECHSYS -dot- COM>
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 1997 16:52:41 -0800

I'm trying to get a better understanding of language for technical
audiences (computer stuff).

Sometimes I get a phrase like the following:

Objects are stored in a multi-tiered, dynamically hashed, persistent
storage susbsystem.

Now this phrase conveys some specific and important information about
our product to a technical audience. However, it breaks all the rules
about clear, accessible writing. If this were an exercise in a tech
writing class, I'd probably be instructed to rewrite it as such:

Objects are stored in a persistent subsystem that is structured in
multiple tiers and uses dynamic hashing to provide fast scalable access
to data.

According to the programmer, and I see his point, the first sentence is
perfectly clear to a technical person, and there is no need to break it
down. The second takes longer to read and provides explicit information
that is implied in the first--and any techie worth their metal would
understand the implied info.

My question is: are these adjective stacks acceptable in technical
descriptions and are simplified equivalients disdained by technical
audiences?