Re: RoboHelp link colors

Subject: Re: RoboHelp link colors
From: "Cramer, Kim" <kcramer -at- NCSLINK -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 1997 10:15:00 -0700

Joanne Grey says:
I'm doing a fairly complex online help project using RoboHelp, and the =
client wants the links to be blue, not the standard green. I can get a =
single link's color to change, but does anyone know if there's a way =
to change the link color so that it defaults to another color? We're =
using Word 95 and RH4.

*****
Joanne -
At the Help University Summer Camp last year, I took a great course from
Charlie Munroe (Thanks, Charlie!). The materials included a tip for
changing the color of jump hotspots. Here you go:

1. In Word, make sure everything including hidden text is displayed.

2. Select the jump hotspot text.

3. Choose Format|Font, select the color you want the text to be, and
click OK.

4. Move the insertion point so that it is between the jump text
(underlined) and the hidden text.

5. Type an asterisk (*) and format it as hidden text. This tells the
compiler to use the color you've selected. (You can use a percent sign
(%) instead if you also want to eliminate the underline.)

I would guess that you could create a Word character style to change the
color and then cut-and-paste the hidden asterisk. It would be a pain to
set up, but maintenance would be easy (in case your client changes their
mind on the color).