Re: Two Questions: Lotus Domino & Role of Communicators

Subject: Re: Two Questions: Lotus Domino & Role of Communicators
From: Jean_Labella -at- INFOIMAGE -dot- COM
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 1997 09:33:32 -0700

Preeti Mathur writes:

"Has anyone had any experience with Lotus Domino? I'd appreciate hearing
how it is working for you.

Here is my situation:
The MIS dept. in my company is developing our Intranet using Lotus Domino.
They have started putting information
on the server that can be accessed through either a Netscape or an
Internet Explorer browser or through a Lotus Notes Browser.
However, any authoring has to be done in Lotus Notes. The division that I
write manuals for does not use Lotus Notes
and I'm not familiar with it at all. I'd like to start putting out
information such as manuals, manual templates and style guides
which are all currently in MS Word. From what I understand for people to
access this information through a browser, I'd either have
to convert the information to the Lotus Notes format (.NSF) or have them
download the files as a Word document....."

I work for a company that provides Lotes Notes consulting services and
I*net (Intranet and Internet) products. We produce our documentation in
Word, then use a product called Lextyle Publisher by Coextant, Inc. to
publish the Word doc into a Notes database. Its extremely easy! You use
your Word doc as your source/print doc, then specify in Lextyle how you
want that document to appear online. For example, if your source doc is in
Times Roman, but you want your online to be in Arial, you just have to
change a setting in Lextyle - not your source doc. With Lextyle, you can
also specify cross-reference rules to automatically add links within your
online document, as well as many other features. Its really a
worthwhile,EASY program! Check out their web site www.coextant.com, and
look for Lextyle Publisher, under Products.