Re: ISO Standard for Warnings?

Subject: Re: ISO Standard for Warnings?
From: "Huber, Mike" <mrhuber -at- SOFTWARE -dot- ROCKWELL -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 1997 15:35:00 -0500

It might be wise to consider how the information translates into action.

Is there a significant difference, in terms of what we are telling the
reader to do, between a Warning and a Caution?

For my purposes, there isn't. Either means Be Careful - Something Bad Can
Happen. If there is a need to get more specific about the bad thing that
can happen, spell it out. So we tend to use icons and other typographical
clues to alert the reader to information about possible Bad Things, and
then specify what the risks are.

One of the questions I asked when we were discussing how to handle this
issue:

Do our readers know the difference between a Caution and a Warning?

I've een i
Mike Huber, not speaking for anybody else
Mike -dot- huber -at- software -dot- rockwell -dot- com
Grammar and spelling are tools to be used in moderation.