Re: Compatibility - Ventura 4.2 and Windows 95/Windows NT

Subject: Re: Compatibility - Ventura 4.2 and Windows 95/Windows NT
From: Buck & Tilly Buchanan <writer -at- DHC -dot- NET>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 1997 12:13:38 -0500

Estella Clifford wrote:

> I've seen several references on the list recently to Ventura Publisher 4.2,
> and would like to hear from anyone who is using it with Windows NT (version3.51 or 4.0) or Windows 95.

Have been using it in Win95 since 95-Beta. Used to get an occasional
error, but I don't remember having one in the past few hundred pages.
It doesn't like multi-tasking, so I close it when using a graphics
program like PhotoShop.

I upgraded to 1.1 from 1.0 while in Singapore and have used every
version since that time.

Don't have much bad to say about it except it's handling of imported
files (makes its own .img file) and the need to use VP's copy system to
move files around.

On all systems, I create the exact same drive:\directory so we can move
files around without using its own copy system. That way it doesn't get
confused.

Our home systems are networked and me move files across the network
using DOS COPY or EXPLORER, never using VP to save on a different
network drive. That really screws things up.

Buck Buchanan
writer -at- dhc -dot- net
Arlington, TX