Re: What the heck do you call it when...

Subject: Re: What the heck do you call it when...
From: Steve Fouts <stefou -at- ESKIMO -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 1997 07:38:30 -0700

Eric J. Ray wrote:
>AlumsHubby -at- AOL -dot- COM[SMTP:AlumsHubby -at- AOL -dot- COM] asked:
>> compound two or more words and internally capitalize to make
>>something sound special, such as "QuickMenu" vice "quick menu"?<<
>Computer capitalization. Made up the term, but everybody
>seems to know what it means. ;-)

I have seen it refered to as BiCapitalized, but I think I like
CamelCaps better.

The jargon file also makes reference to "Studly Caps," but I think
that term refers to the habit of "WaReZ Do0dz" typing messages in
a manner that makes it hard for "bots" to find their pirate software
trading sites.

_______________ _____
/ ___ __/__\ \ / / _\ Steve Fouts stefou -at- eskimo -dot- com
/___ \| | ___\ | / __\ "The best time for planning a book
/ / \ | \ / \ is while you are doing dishes."
/_______/__|_______\_/________\ -- Agatha Christie

TECHWR-L (Technical Communication) List Information: To send a message
to 2500+ readers, e-mail to TECHWR-L -at- LISTSERV -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU -dot- Send commands
Search the archives at or search and
browse the archives at

Previous by Author: Re: Questions about Word 7 (asked by Brian Martin)
Next by Author: RFC1983 (Was E-mail or e-mail)
Previous by Thread: Re: what the heck do you call it when...
Next by Thread: "fixchap" for Ventura 4.2

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads

Sponsored Ads