Re: Frame quit while working

Subject: Re: Frame quit while working
From: Michael Clark <mclark -at- MTU -dot- EDU>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 1997 01:03:18 -0400

Rum,

> I've been having problem with Frame quit while I was working.
> Currently, I am using Frame 5.1.1 for Mac, running on Power PC 8500/120
> with 32mg of RAM; I also use RAM doubler. This problem usually occurred
> when I used Frame with Freehand or Photoshop. This problem started
> about 2 weeks; never happened befofe.

I had the same problem this week on a set-up almost identical to yours.
Then, while I was working on something one late night--expecting it to
soon crash--I got an idea to check out the "About this Macintosh" (under
the Apple pull-down menu) to see what my memory situation was like. I
found that it was a pixel away from using all the RAM that was allocated
to it. The problem became pretty clear. I saved, quit, and then
changed the memory allocation. Problem solved.

To change the memory allocation on your machine, select the FrameMaker
application icon, do a Command-I, then change the appropriate values.
If you're using it on a network, the sys admin might have to change it
for you.

Hope this helps,
Mike