STC Conference Tips

Subject: STC Conference Tips
From: RJACOBSE -at- GPS -dot- COM
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 1997 11:21:32 -0500

Kathleen,
There's a First-Timers' Session on Sunday evening at the Hilton. I'd check
that out.

Last year in Seattle was my first STC Conference. Here are a few random
thoughts:

Take plenty of business cards, and exchange them with anyone you think
might possibly by a useful contact. (Shoot, exchange them willy-nilly. You
never know.) Jot a quick note on the back of the cards you get to remind
you who this person was.

Use the proceedings to help choose the sessions you want to attend. Have
some alternatives for each time slot. There were a couple of sessions that
were full by the time I got to them last year, so it was nice to not have
to waste time trying to figure out what my alternatives were.

If there's a time slot that doesn't have an sessions that appeal to you,
don't be afraid to sit out in the lobby to try to gather your thoughts and
flesh out your notes.

Don't be a wall-flower: Mix, introduce yourself, ask questions, have fun.

Regards,
Roy Jacobsen
Editor
Great Plains Software
rjacobse -at- gps -dot- com
Date : 04/29/97 10:46 AM
To : TECHWR-L @ LISTSERV.OKSTATE.EDU
cc :

From : kathleen.gilpatrick @ AUTODESK.COM

This year I'll be attending my first STC Annual Conference and am wondering
if anyone has any crucial advice or information regarding events that
should not be missed?
Thanks!
k.

Kathleen Gilpatrick
Autodesk, Inc. Kansas City Division
(formerly Softdesk Retail Products)
Technical Documentation Manager

Phone: 816-891-2867
Fax: 816-891-2967
Please note: My email address has been updated to:
kathleen -dot- gilpatrick -at- autodesk -dot- com

~~
message
to 2500+ readers, e-mail to TECHWR-L -at- LISTSERV -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU -dot- Send
commands
Search the archives at http://www.documentation.com/ or search
and browse the archives at http://listserv.okstate.edu/archives/
Send list questions or problems to the listowner at ejray@