Re: STC Conference Tips

Subject: Re: STC Conference Tips
From: LaVonna Funkhouser <lffunkhouser -at- HALNET -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 1997 09:52:22 -0600

> This year I'll be attending my first STC Annual Conference and am wondering
> if anyone has any crucial advice or information regarding events that should
> not be missed?
> Thanks!
> Kathleen Gilpatrick

Kathleen,

Hi. You are not alone in wanting conference tips; this
subject comes up every year. You can read some of the tips
that I collected last year at

http://www.corecomm.com/advice.html

I'll probably be asking some of your respondents if I can
add their tips to this list.

By the way, my favorite piece of advice is never eat a meal
alone. Sure, this advice cannot always be followed, but if
you are the only person from your company or even your chapter
that you know of who is attending, then try to find some
other friendly group to join up with. A few years ago I
went to dinner with a bunch of folks from California, and it
was a great opportunity to get a different perspective on
the profession.

(Of course, having the techwr-l reception Sunday night and
the techwr-l dinner on Monday night will help solve this
problem!)

Regards,
LaVonna

PS: I'm writing thid Wed morning 4/30. If this is posted
late it is the result of firewall problems. LF

LaVonna F. Funkhouser lffunkhouser -at- halnet -dot- com
COREComm Webmaster webmaster -at- corecomm -dot- com

http://www.corecomm.com/corecomm/