Re: A contracting season

Subject: Re: A contracting season
From: Barb Philbrick <caslonsvcs -at- IBM -dot- NET>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 1997 20:01:46 GMT

>I generally have about 2-3 major clients and 1-2 minor clients at a time. I
>find that even if one client has a lot of work, they have slack times when
>their software isn't usable, they've been making internal software changes
>that don't need documenting, they need time to review the doc, critical
>people are on vacation, or whatever. (Also, I guess I work pretty fast.)
Right now, I've got just one major client and one minor client. It's
kind of scary, but I'm as confident as possible in this business that
the major client will continue to pay me for the next year or so.

Before this major client came along, I did what you do, and was happy
with the arrangement. It makes me nervous to put all my eggs in one
basket. I'm in the hiring process right now so I can pick up other
clients and maintain the existing ones.

Barb
Barbara Philbric, Caslon Services Inc.