Re: FrameMaker Indexing

Subject: Re: FrameMaker Indexing
From: JIMCHEVAL -at- AOL -dot- COM
Date: Thu, 1 May 1997 02:31:13 -0400

In a message dated 97-04-30 23:12:19 EDT, dhays -at- NOVALIS -dot- COM (Dennis Hays)
writes:

<<
The old WordPerfect (I'm not up on the current release of this software)
had a much superior method. You could create a "concordance" file--a
separate file with just a list of index words. WordPerfect would compare
this file against the doc file (if you had Master/Sub documents, then to
all files) and build the index. How I wish Frame had something like this...

Word 6 (and I imagine subsequent versions) has a similar technique.

At Chemical Bank, we took this a step further and created the concordance
file using the table of contents as an automated source. A little
scattershot, but useful on high-pressure, rapid turnaround environments. (As
the resident macro expert, I created various refinements to this.)

Jim Chevallier
Los Angeles