Re: (Fwd) Re: RFC1983 (Was E-mail or e-mail)

Subject: Re: (Fwd) Re: RFC1983 (Was E-mail or e-mail)
From: JIMCHEVAL -at- AOL -dot- COM
Date: Thu, 1 May 1997 02:31:21 -0400

In a message dated 97-04-30 14:36:57 EDT, kgraden -at- MAIL -dot- DANCRIS -dot- COM (Katherine
Graden) writes:

<< The other thing I have against email is that "email" is the German word
for
"enamel." >>
Actually, it's French ( as in - plural - 'les emaux de Limoges' = 'enamels of
Limoges'). I'm sure the Germans thought it was chic, though, being French.
But when's the last time you saw a German enamel, hm? (Except maybe on a
Mercedes)

Jim Chevallier [absoutely impartial commentator]
Los Angeles