PageMaker conversions

Subject: PageMaker conversions
From: Jennifer Kraus <jlkraus -at- AMETEKWATER -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 1 May 1997 11:33:44 -0500

I have a two questions about PageMaker conversions:

1. When converting PageMaker 6.0 for Windows to PageMaker 6.0 for Mac, our graphics department is having trouble with the line drawings. This is no doubt a result of the difference in graphics file formats between Mac and PC. What is the best (and quickest) way to circumvent this problem? Scanning and replacing the pictures? Are there any utilities that will help? The graphics department switched from PC's to Mac's last year because printers were unable to accept the PC files on disk (or else charged more to do so), and they run into this problem whenever we update manuals.

2. Has anyone used a utility that converts PageMaker files to Quark files? Is one available?

Respond privately or to the list, whichever seems more appropriate.

Thanks!

Jennifer Kraus (jlkraus -at- ametekwater -dot- com)
Technical Writer and Web Wonk
Ametek Water Filtration Products
Sheboygan, WI