Re: Spanish Translation of Manuals

Subject: Re: Spanish Translation of Manuals
From: Jennifer Kraus <jlkraus -at- AMETEKWATER -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 8 May 1997 12:49:36 -0500

My company manufactures retail water filtration products, and two years ago they hired an in-house translator (who has duties relating to international sales as well). Certain large hardware chains we sell to have started to require bilingual packaging and manuals as a condition of doing business with them; we get an especially large push from stores in California. If our situation is any indication, I would imagine that there would be a substantial market for someone with knowledge of both technical writing and the Spanish language. From what I've heard, a good number of translators do contract work, often asking (and getting) high salaries.

Jennifer Kraus
Technical Writer and Web Wonk
Ametek Water Filtration Products
jlkraus -at- ametekwater -dot- com