Concordance and Indexing

Subject: Concordance and Indexing
From: Dennis Hays <dhays -at- NOVALIS -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 1 May 1997 13:39:40 -0400

I didn't mean to imply any simplicity about indexing, just the means to
start the process (after thinking through it, of course). The WordPerfect
method of starting, by creating a concordance file, is just one method that
could speed the process of a rather unexciting venture (although for some
of us, the process of indexing can be our entire life!).

The crux of my e-mail [email, Email, eMail, EMAIL, ______ ) was in regards
to Frame's view of the subject. The continued development of Frame could do
with some solid think-think about making this function work better--even if
it meant buying someone else's product and plugging it in.

I did not mean to denigrate anyone by short-sighting indexing, rather it
was a comment about the beginning mechanical stages of the process.

Just one person's opinion...

Dennis
Dennis Hays
Novalis Corporation