Re: Bad Employers/Clients List???

Subject: Re: Bad Employers/Clients List???
From: Dennis Hays <dhays -at- NOVALIS -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 2 May 1997 11:41:32 -0400

While you certainly can't stop someone from stating an opinion, the
arbitrary publishing of the negative aspects of a company can be some
grounds for possible litagation, especially if it's anger-based
retribution.

I think the managing of such a web site could be too time
consuming--checking references, attributions, and so on. It may be easier,
and without legal entanglements for us to post a message saying,

"I'm considering a contract/permanent position with XYZ VAPORWARE, INC.
Does anyone know anything about working there?"

Then, the responses are opinions, attributable to the sender, and maybe not
open to legal ramifications for the list owner. Certainly not under the
current ruling--that is unless the list owner actively censors the list.
Then, of course, he/she has to take some responsibility (current CDA stuff
regarding ISPs).

There is some difference when you say, "XYZ didn't pay me and they made me
work 87 hours a week," and "I hear XYZ doesn't pay their employees with
money, just food stamps."

The first is direct and the second is hear-say.

Dennis
Dennis Hays
Novalis Corporation
Telephone: 518/862-3465