Re: Need passport for Toronto?

Subject: Re: Need passport for Toronto?
From: Rob Marriage <rmarriage -at- DETECTIONSYS -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 2 May 1997 12:12:12 -0500

Beth in Tucson wrote:
>Am I going to need a passport to fly from the U.S. into Toronto for the STC
Annual Conference?<

I used to live in Niagara Falls (NY) and we would cross the border without a
passport all the time. I think as long as you have a valid drivers license, you
should be all set. You might want to bring your birth certificate just in case,
but I don't think you'll need it.

And while I'm giving advice...
For folks driving up to Toronto from the US through Niagara Falls, I suggest
using the Whirlpool Bridge or the Lewiston-Queenston Bridge over the Rainbow

Whirlpool Bridge: Clear sailing, but on the other side you'll have to turn left
and follow the signs to the QEW.

Lewiston-Queenston Bridge: Commercial traffic can slow you up but it puts you
right on the QEW. (Never use this bridge to Canada on a Sunday evening.)

Rainbow Bridge. Under construction (as is everything in NY). It was down to a
single lane a few weeks ago. Could be slooooow, but you'll get to see the Falls
(if you're tall and are driving in a truck or a van).

I hope this is useful.


TECHWR-L (Technical Communication) List Information: To send a message
to 2500+ readers, e-mail to TECHWR-L -at- LISTSERV -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU -dot- Send commands
Search the archives at or search and
browse the archives at

Previous by Author: Re[2]: Icons
Next by Author: Bad employers
Previous by Thread: Re: Need passport for Toronto?
Next by Thread: Re: Need passport for Toronto?

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads