Re: Bad Employers/Clients List???

Subject: Re: Bad Employers/Clients List???
From: Elna Tymes <etymes -at- LTS -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 5 May 1997 09:55:36 -0700

Parks, Beverly wrote:

> Elna, I don't think you understand the suggestion that was made. With
> the type of list we were talking about, *no one posts anything*. The
> only information on the list are companies and the names and email
> addresses of people who worked for them. Any comments about the company
> are made in private email between two individuals.

That's called a "resume" in the business world. You know, that piece of
paper the circulates among headhunters and winds up in the strangest
places as the headhunters take their files with them when they move on
to new jobs? It lists the companies you worked for, and when, and what
you did for them (in polite language).

Seriously, though, most ethical headhunters will warn you if a company
has some management problems that might affect you. After all, you as a
skilled technical writer are a very important asset to the headhunter,
and they can make more money placing you where you'll be happy than by
placing you with the troll at XYZ company, who probably has a reputation
for eating freshly minted tech writers for breakfast.

Elna Tymes
Los Trancos Systems