Re: bad employers/clients list

Subject: Re: bad employers/clients list
From: Alexia Prendergast <alexiap -at- SEAGATESOFTWARE -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 5 May 1997 17:36:11 -0400

>I think tech writers and editors must always try very hard not to become
>pompous know-it-alls who think that only THEY have the key and that everyone
>else should bow and politely request it.

Wow, either I'm misunderstanding the intent of this proposed list
or I don't know what.

What I understand:

A proposed web page that includes a list of:

Companies Contacts (current/past employees)
--------- --------
XYZ Corp Jane Doe jdoe -at- xyz -dot- com
ABC Inc Joe Blow jblow -at- abc -dot- com

This list would merely be a networking resource,
and with anything, rules of professionalism apply.

No postings, comments, etc. would be on this page.

The folks on the contact list would not be there
to slam the company, but merely to answer questions
about the environment, company, etc. to get a "non-
party line" view of a potential employer. I would
expect the requesters of information to be able to
filter out obviously biased, unprofessional comments
from individuals who give emotional responses.

Am I misunderstanding?

Alexia