STC Conference Tips Web Page

Subject: STC Conference Tips Web Page
From: LaVonna Funkhouser <lffunkhouser -at- HALNET -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 6 May 1997 16:27:25 -0600

Hello!

We have less than a week to go before the conference,
and the conference tips page is still growing. I have
added tips by Ruth Glaser, Mitch Berg, Roy Jacobsen,
Bill Stolgitis, and me.

Here are some of my latest thoughts:

* Find the conference bulletin board (usually near the info booth or
in the expo hall) early in the conference and check it whenever you
are in the area. This is especially important in Toronto because
we are scattered over several hotels and no one is likely to spend
much time in his or her room. If someone is trying to get in touch
with you for dinner, a notes exchange, a job offer, etc., they may
leave you a note on the bulletin board.

* If you think you might be using the bulletin board, bring a few
thumb tacks along with your business cards. Also, bring a memo pad
or grab one from a vendor in the expo hall

* If you are staying at the Marriott (as I am) or the Colony Hotel,
wear sneakers, especially to get to Roy Thomson Hall! Let's make
sneakers our fashion statement!

* If you (like me) have problems converting temperatures from Celcius
to Farhenheit, become familiar with a conversion chart. (Note:
Temperatures this week range from 5 to 13.)

* Stop by the COREComm booth in the expo hall and tell them that they
must be very proud to have LaVonna on their staff! (grin) :-)

Find the web page at
http://www.corecomm.com/corecomm/advice.html

LaVonna F. Funkhouser lffunkhouser -at- halnet -dot- com
COREComm Webmaster webmaster -at- corecomm -dot- com

Be sure to see the COREComm booth at the 44th
STC Annual Conference in Toronto!

http://www.corecomm.com/corecomm/