Re: The Celsius conversion

Subject: Re: The Celsius conversion
From: Phillip Winn <pwinn -at- S7 -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 8 May 1997 14:31:10 -0500

>>Or, to get back to something approaching an on-topic
>>message -- I love this little rhyme because it's
>>such an elegant solution for the problem of giving
>>the user the right information in the right way to
>>accomplish the task at hand.
>>
>Can "30 Days Hath September" be far behind?

To veer back off-topic a little bit, I much prefer to use the Knuckle
Method to determine how many days are in each month. What's the Knuckle
Method, you ask? Just make a fist and start counting at the index knuckle.
Start over when you run out of hand. January, March, May, July, August,
October and December fall on knuckles, so they are long months. February,
April, June, September and November fall between knuckles, so they are
short months.

Better for those of use who remember things more easily kinesthetically, if
a little harder to document in writing.

-- Phillip