Re: SAT Scores?!

Subject: Re: SAT Scores?!
From: Sella Rush <SellaR -at- APPTECHSYS -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 9 May 1997 14:18:55 -0700

One of the programmers at my office likes to know prospective employees'
SAT scores and tends to use them as a significant factor in hiring. His
own (high) scores were one of the first things I learned about him (from
him) in spite of the fact that he took them nearly 20 years ago. I
don't think it's too much of a stretch to think that because his scores
were high, he's very happy assuming that SAT scores are a dependable
measure of intelligence and accomplishment.

Luckily he had no say over my hiring--my SATs (which I do remember) put
me firmly where I've always been: slightly above average.