Re: Agencies to avoid - Boston-Toronto STC - REPLY

Subject: Re: Agencies to avoid - Boston-Toronto STC - REPLY
From: Paula Puffer <techwrtr -at- CEI -dot- NET>
Date: Sat, 10 May 1997 10:58:48 -0500

I've stayed out of the discussions about agencies to avoid and the lists of
good/bad companies because I think it's rude, obnoxious, and really has no
place in the business of Technical Communication. My experiences with
company ABC are relevant ONLY IF someone asks me directly about them and I
would make it PERFECTLY clear that these are my perceptions of how things
worked. I am not about to post my thoughts/feelings about them over the
list because IT HAS NO BUSINESS BEING HERE.

If I were a hiring manager, I would be scared to post anything on this
list. I would be afraid that 1) my writing would be ripped apart, and 2)
my company would be discussed in a negative light. It SEEMS to me that the
number of job postings on this list have decreased over the last few
months, and I am beginning to wonder if the constant harranguing that
happens when one is posted is not the reason why!

I am thinking about unsubscribing to techwr-l because of the negativity
that has arisen on the list recently. And I am glad that Mr. Squire
addressed the list, because it shows me that the companies do listen to
what we say, whether we know it or not.

Paula Puffer