Re: Radical Idea?

Subject: Re: Radical Idea?
From: Paula Puffer <techwrtr -at- CEI -dot- NET>
Date: Mon, 12 May 1997 12:26:45 -0500

John Bell Wrote:
<Foregrounding stuff snipped>

>So, hypothetically speaking, would you as a tech writer enjoy a job
>where you were doing technical writing, client training, and client
>technical support? If the company grows larger and the opportunity to
>split into separate disciplines arises, should we split and which
>discipline(s) would you want to work in?

I think this would be an excellent opportunity for a technical writing
position. But then I have done those sorts of things before. Last fall, I
gave a workshop on HTML to the department faculty and staff at the
University I attend. I wrote the materials for class; in teaching the
workshops, I saw where my writing could be improved in the documentation
materials I had prepared; and the faculty, staff and graduate students in
the department learned something new.

If you have any questions send me an e-mail,
Paula