Re: Tips for saving selected digest entries?

Subject: Re: Tips for saving selected digest entries?
From: "Cramer, Kim" <kcramer -at- NCSLINK -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 14 May 1997 06:56:00 -0700

I used to get the digest, but switched back to individual messages
because I just didn't have time to wade through them every day (or edit
out the extraneous stuff). It's much easier to read the messages
individually as they show up in my mailbox. I use MSMail, and what I do
is save only the messages that I think might be useful in the future. I
create a save file for each month, and save (append) messages to it
throughout the month. Then at the end of the month, I take 10-20
minutes to quickly go through the file, deleting the techwr-l admin
stuff to save space, and putting a list of keywords for the messages at
the top (so I have a general idea of the file contents). I then zip the
file. This process works well for me - I can search my "archives"
locally to find those tasty tidbits you all share!