Re: Technical Writing Books

Subject: Re: Technical Writing Books
From: Kim Keegan <keegan -at- EXPLORERS -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 15 May 1997 13:31:22 -0400

Floramaria Deter wrote:
<SNIP>
> I have been told to write "click on the button" but according to
> the Manual of Style book, the correct way is to write "click the button."
> There are many other rules that I've been breaking left and right.

I prefer something on the lines of "Click the OK button" or "Click OK",
depending on the audience (the button name -- "OK" -- would be bold or
otherwise set off from the body text). That's what I'm used to seeing.

I'd be afraid that if I used "click on the button" some poor soul would
wonder how to click it off. :-)

--
Kim Keegan | Information Developer
ISI Data Services / Intrepid Technology