Re: proofing docs

Subject: Re: proofing docs
From: Estella Clifford <cliff -at- FP -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 15 May 1997 14:18:14 EST

Cathy Carr wrote:
<snipped>
>. . . does anyone have suggestions
>as to how to keep up quality control in documentation that isn't read
by
>the people who write it? :-)
>I apologize if this is a silly or overly-basic question. You can
answer me
>directly if you don't want to bore the more experienced techwhirlers.
>Thanks--
>
>Cathy

Cathy,

In my experience, the person(s) responsible for QA/QC for the product
line can be very helpful with proofing. The Quality person I usually
work with truly has an eagle eye for detail. He is just one of the
people on my list of reviewers, which also includes those doing testing
and the product manager, as well as the developers.

Also, by circulating a document for review, others see it with fresh
eyes.

Good luck,

Estella
(clifford -at- fp -dot- com)