Re: Technical Writing Books

Subject: Re: Technical Writing Books
From: Alexia Prendergast <alexiap -at- SEAGATESOFTWARE -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 15 May 1997 17:09:10 -0400

>>>I use "press". That's what you do with buttons, you press them. That is
>>>even the visual effect you get when you perform the action.

I reserve "press" for keyboard keys so my
users know if I'm talking about a physical object
or a GUI object. Theoretically, you could use the
same term since the GUI is a metaphor for the
physical, but I think it's more clear to distinguish
between the actions.

I think I'll keep it simple and stay with "select"
for the time being (regardless of what MS sez ;)

A.
--
Alexia Prendergast
Senior Technical Writer