Re: Frame imported graphics

Subject: Re: Frame imported graphics
From: Lynn Gold <figmo -at- RAHUL -dot- NET>
Date: Thu, 15 May 1997 18:39:04 -0700

SUZANNE PYLE wrote:

>When you import into Frame, you have the option of importing by reference
>or copy into document. I can see the benefit in copying directly into the
>doc because Frame doesn't have to go hunting for graphics in some other
>directory which may not be with the source file. But, can you tell me good
>reasons for using the other option (import by reference)? I'm trying to
>make a wise decision on which way to go with graphic importing!

"Import by Reference" uses less disk space. If your graphics are always in
the same directory in reference to the FrameMaker file, it makes no sense
to copy the files into the document and use twice as much disk space for
your grpahics.

--Lynn Gold "net.fogey" figmo -at- rahul -dot- net,
Senior Technical Writer, TCSI (weekdays) or lgold -at- tcsi -dot- com
News Anchor, KLIV & KARA News (weekends)

Quote of the week:

"When I watch TV and see those poor, starving kids all over the world, I
can't help but cry. I mean, I'd love to be skinny like that, but not with
all those flies and death and stuff."

-- MARIAH CAREY, WENN (World Entertainment News Network)
and quoted on Radio 1 by both Kevin Greening and Chris Evans