STC/Houston general meeting

Subject: STC/Houston general meeting
From: A Watkins <awatkins -at- POBOX -dot- COM>
Date: Sun, 18 May 1997 13:08:30 -0500

In case you're gonna be in the Bayou City this week:

The STC/Houston general meeting is being held on Tuesday, May 20th, to
avoid
conflict with the STC International Conference. Usually we meet on the
second
Tuesday of the month.

This month's topic is "Intellectual Property and Cyberspace: Copyright
and
Trademark Issues." Our presenters are STC/Houston director Norma Taylor
and BMC Software attorney Karen Manus.

In addition to the presentation, we are featuring a raffle for Adobe
FrameMaker 5.
This high-powered document publishing program retails for $895. Proceeds
from
the raffle go to the STC/Houston Student Scholarship Fund.

We meet at the Holiday Inn Select on the north side of 59, just west of
Kirby.
Networking from 5:30 to 6:30; program at 6:30; drawing after the
presentation.
A raffle ticket costs $1.00.

We hope you can join us!

Alfred Watkins
Society for Technical Communication, Houston Chapter