Re: Disclosing rates (was Re: Agency Response - margins)

Subject: Re: Disclosing rates (was Re: Agency Response - margins)
From: Richard Yanowitz <ryanowit -at- NYCT -dot- NET>
Date: Mon, 19 May 1997 14:34:11 -0400

At 10:44 AM 5/19/97 -0700, Wilcox, John (Contractor) wrote:
> ----------
>1) If you and I were working for the same employer or client, and if one
>of us were making $5.00/hr more than the other for the same work, what
>is that to either you or I? Why do we even need to know? Did we not
>both agree to our respective rate of hire? Isn't an employer entitled
>to offer whatever rate he wants?
>
>2) I'm no union man. I believe in the free-enterprise system.

While I'm intrigued at the sub-text which suggests that unionism is some
kind of betrayal within free enterprise, we disagree on so many points in
this small space that I see nothing further I can say that's constructive.

(Distant sounds of a tongue bitten over and over while Thumper's mother
recites her traditional homily.)

Richard Yanowitz, NYC
ryanowitz -at- bigfoot -dot- com