Re: Disclosing rates (was Re: Agency Response - margins)

Subject: Re: Disclosing rates (was Re: Agency Response - margins)
From: Stephen Victor <svictor -at- HOUSTON -dot- GEOQUEST -dot- SLB -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 19 May 1997 13:44:09 -0500

Richard Yanowitz wrote:

> >2) I'm no union man. I believe in the free-enterprise system.
>
> While I'm intrigued at the sub-text which suggests that unionism is some
> kind of betrayal within free enterprise, we disagree on so many points in
> this small space that I see nothing further I can say that's constructive.
>
> (Distant sounds of a tongue bitten over and over while Thumper's mother
> recites her traditional homily.)

I've been biting my tongue, too, as I wonder why employers should be
free to hire and fire whom they want, while employees shouldn't be free
to organize.

Then again, I've been wondering why this list seems to have become Job
Shopper Central lately.

Oh well, back to work.

Steve
--
Stephen P. Victor Phone: (713) 513-2552
Technical Writer, Software Training Fax: (713) 513-2019